09 September 2010

I adore my combined trio


This beautiful moment was captured at our wedding reception as I danced and twirled around the dance floor with my new husband and daughter. Smiling and holding hands lasted all night long. So did the dancing and laughing. Tremendous. We had the night of our lives. Our wedding was exactly what we had envisioned.

As I look at the ways my life has changed, I can only feel blessed and grateful. In the past year, I have had the fabulous opportunities to fall in love with the man of my dreams, give oodles of love to my new 4 year-old daughter, purchase a home, start a home business, and share all of it with family and friends. I might not be as able, or willing, to jump at an invitation to happy hour the way I was prior to these changes, but my priorities have shifted. And I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Each day as I open my eyes, take hold of the new day ahead, and begin slowly moving out of bed, I have thoughts filling my mind: "I'm thirsty. Oh, Ed is still sleeping. I wonder if the peanut is awake... I bet the kitty woke her up already."

Barely two years ago I would have stopped after "I'm thirsty" to reevaluate the night before, get a glass of water, or simply fall back asleep. Now, my mind is thoughtful in the morning. How did that ever happen? Believe me, I didn't see it coming.

My new life is unfolding each day, and I hope to share it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment