04 November 2010

Comfort food warms the soul


 The forecast for tonight and leading into this weekend is.... wet snow. Eesh! As soon as I heard that, I started a crockpot of applesauce {same recipe as previously posted with the addition of 1 tsp. lemon juice}. For this weekend, I am already thinking of chili.

Comfort food is one of the inescapable aspects of cold weather. It goes with winter the way grilling goes with summer. I've always looked forward to my mom's amazing chicken pot pie & meatloaf, and my dad's pot roast & chicken georgio (named after himself). Now in my own kitchen, I'm starting to realize which recipes are always successful and tend to be crowd-pleasers. Go figure that they are mainly comfort foods. Fine by me.

What is your favorite comfort food? What recipe do you go back to time and time again?

{ Image credit: Cookin' Canuck }

No comments:

Post a Comment